Forgot Windows 7 Password
Get Effective Solutions for Windows 8/7/Vista/XP,
Server 2008/2003/2000 Passowrd Recovery
How to Unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP Password without Losing Data
Be locked out of computer? What can we do when lost Windows login password? If you are using Windows 7, Vista or XP, good news for you is there are many tips can help unlock Windows password. You may found a way associate to your problem here and 100% unlock Windows 7, Vista, XP password without losing data.
Solution 1: How to Unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP Password with Password Reset Disk
So you forgot Windows password, but you are so clever that you have created a password reset disk for your user account. In Windows 7/Vista/XP, it is equitable to every person that you can prepare a free tool which can save you from a terrible situation. Everyone can prepare a password reset disk created with CD/USB to prevent password lost. Please see the procedure of using reset disk to unlock Windows 7 password(it is similar in Vista or XP).
1. Start your computer, once you login failed, it will show you a link “Reset Password” under the login box.
2. Insert your password reset disk, click the link, you will see a password reset wizard, click Next to continue.
3. Select the drive name which you inserted, click Next.
4. Great! Now you can see a password reset box, input a new password twice and click NEXT and then click Finish. Then you can login Windows 7 with your new password.
Solution 2: How to Unlock Windows 7 Password with Repair Disk
In Windows 7, you can use Windows installation disk to unlock Windows 7 password. This disk was given by the computer manufacturer. If you have no installation disk, you can create a system repair disk to restore the system when your system collapse or unlock your password when you lost it. To create a repair disk:
1. Click Start, open Control Panel, click on the Backup and Restore icon. You will see a link “Create a System repair disc” in the left blue pane, click the link.
2. You will see a wizard. Insert a blank CD/DVD into the optical drive, choose your drive name and click Create disc. When a message appears, just confirm and close it.
When you need to unlock Windows 7 password, Just insert the repair disk and restart your computer. For a moment, the System Recovery Options appears, choose Startup Repair and follow the Repair Wizard. Then it will reset the password automatically and none of your personal documents or files will be removed unless some settings.
Solution 3: How to Unlock Windows XP Password in Safe Mode
Because the built-in administrator account was disabled by default, we cannot unlock Windows 7/Vista password in safe mode. In XP, the built-in administrator was enabled and its password is blank! So we can unlock Windows XP password by login safe mode.
1. Restart your computer, hit F2 or Delete as soon as you can, then a Windows Advanced Option table appears, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
2. In the login screen, type Administrator in the username box and leave the password blank.
3. After successfully login, right-click My computer and choose Manage, open Users, right-click a user name and select "set password", type in your new password twice and click OK.
4. Restart your computer and you can login with new password.
Solution 4: Unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP password with Third Party Software
If the solutions mentioned above cannot help you solve your problem, you can use a popular Password recovery software, Windows Password Rescuer Personal, to help unlock your computer. It is an all-in-one Windows Password recovery tool which can unlock Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 password without losing files or formatting your system. This is an easy way which can 100% unlock Windows password, and you have two options to complete your task.
Option 1: Unlock Windows 7, Vista, XP password by resetting user password
Here I will show you How to unlock Windows 7 administrator password with Windows Password Rescuer Personal.
Step 1: Download and install the software on another available computer. Run it to create a Windows Password unlock disk(take USB unlock disk for example)
1. Plug in a writable USB flash drive. Select Burn to USB Device.
2. Select your USB drive name, click Begin Burning button to start burning, this procedure will take about one minute. After successfully complete burning, take out your USB.
Step 2: Plug in the Windows password unlock disk to your computer and set the computer to boot from USB.
Step 3: After booting from USB, Windows Password Rescuer starts automatically and display a friendly interface.
1. Select an user account from list and click Reset Password.
2. Click Yes when a confirm massage pops up, and your user password will be removed.
3. Now you have successfully remove your Windows password(show blank). You can redo 1 and 2 procedure to remove other accounts' password.
4. Click Reboot > eject your USB and click Yes when a dialog appears. Then you can logon Windows without password.
Option 2: Unlock Windows 7, Vista, XP password by creating a new administrator account.
Windows Password Rescuer Personal supports creating new user with admin privileges without logon. Just click Add User button and type in a user name and password when a dialog pops up, click OK. After restarting you can logon Windows with this new user. Please refer to: Create new user with Windows Password Rescuer.